Tips on making a holiday at home the best holiday you can have.
1. Decide what days you will be holidaying. Devote these days to making your STAYCATION fun, exciting and relaxing for the whole family.
2. Clean the BBQ and unpack your banana lounge. Dust off the outdoor setting ready for those afternoons relaxing outside with a drink. Watch the kids play games in the backyard while you catch up on reading your favourite novel or celebrity magazine.
3. Unpack the camping gear and put up a tent in the backyard. Kids love to camp out and how easy is it to let them sleep under a starlit sky right at home.
4. Get out and explore your hometown and enjoy what's on offer. Try out a park you have not visited before or take a scenic car ride. Visit a beach or grab a line and take the kids fishing.
5. Get on a bus and go across town. The kids will love the new experience and seeing their town from the view of a bus window can make the everyday seem a little bit more exciting.
6. Try a new restaurant or cafe. Most sporting clubs have great kids clubs and some will also have a special lunchtime menu to keep the cost of eating out down.
7. Enjoy a night in with the family and have a moive night. Let the kids help choose the movie, pop your own popcorn and make home made pizzas.